WASHINGTON D.C., October 6, 2016 – The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of 425 large U.S. employers, has honored Compass Group USA for having one of the best workforce well-being programs in the nation.
Compass Group is among 55 U.S. employers that received the 2016 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® award presented at the National Business Group on Health’s Fall Conference. Compass Group received a Silver Award for its Wellness Program.
“Being a part of Compass Group means great rewards for associates and their families,” says Bob Kovacs, Vice President of Total Rewards, Compass Group. “We’ve listened to our associates’ needs and done extensive research to provide wellness resources that are easy to access and will help create an energized and healthy future.”
• Health Risk Assessment (HRA): Self-evaluation that identifies potential health risks and sets a course to improve health and well-being
• Wellness Rewards: Associates and spouses enrolled in a Compass Group medical plan receive credit toward their medical deductions after completing an HRA
• Lifestyle Health Coaching: Telephonic and online coaching for healthy eating, managing weight, increasing physical activity, managing stress, sleeping better and quitting tobacco
• 100% preventive care in Compass Group’s medical, dental and vision plans
• Associates are provided up to three (3) hours paid time off to receive preventive care each year
• Maternity and prenatal support gives expectant mothers pregnancy-related healthcare information
• Condition Management Programs: for a variety of conditions— including asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure and more
• NEW Livongo: Compass Group has introduced the Livongo Diabetes Program to help manage Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
Brian Marcotte, President and CEO of the National Business Group on Health, commented: “We congratulate Compass Group USA for their dedication to improving the well-being of their employees. Employers are transitioning their focus from offering traditional wellness programs focused primarily on improving their employees’ physical health to holistic well-being strategies aimed at enhancing the various facets of employees and their families’ lives.”
This marks the sixth year Compass Group has received a Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles award.
About Compass Group
Based in Charlotte NC, Compass Group North America is the leading foodservice management and support services company with 240,000 associates and $14.5 billion in revenues in 2015. Compass Group USA was named one of America’s 500 Best Employers by Forbes, ranking as the highest contract food and support services company. With over 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC, was named the 6th largest publicly traded employer in the world by USA Today and had revenues of $28 billion in the fiscal year ending September 30, 2015.
About the National Business Group on Health®
The National Business Group on Health is the nation’s only non-profit organization devoted exclusively to representing large employers’ perspective on national health policy issues and helping companies optimize business performance through health improvement, innovation and health care management. The Business Group leads initiatives to address the most relevant health care issues facing employers today and enables human resource and benefit leaders to learn, share and leverage best practices from the most progressive companies. Business Group members, which include 72 Fortune 100 companies, provide health coverage for more than 50 million U.S. workers, retirees and their families. For more information, visit www.businessgrouphealth.org.
Veronica Ospina, 704-328-4291, [email protected]