Diversity & Inclusion
At Compass Group, we empower you to be the difference.
We develop an inclusive and welcoming environment through our leadership strategy, learning and development resources, and opportunities for employees to get engaged and celebrate diversity. Our passion for continuous improvement attracts great people with diverse backgrounds, talents, skills, and abilities.
This continued commitment is demonstrated in our recent recognition as one of Forbes Best Employer’s for Diversity. We value the different perspectives of our associates because they strengthen the quality of our work and services we provide for clients and customers. Our associates are welcomed into a culture where they are engaged, challenged, and supported – helping make us the leader in foodservice and support services management.
We reinforce employee engagement and development through:
- Leadership Legacy Network (LLN) which offers cross-sector networking opportunities and info-share sessions that focus on leadership development, mentoring and career growth.
- Diversity & Inclusion Action Councils (DIAC) which are business supported, associate led groups that are dedicated to championing the Diversity & Inclusion mission of Compass. The DIACs are aligned to the business sectors and seek to foster inclusion through cultural awareness, engagement and appreciation of diversity.
- Veterans Network which celebrates the service and commitment of our veteran associates, their spouses, and family members. Through our relationships with veteran focused organizations and the advancement of our Veterans Network, we will continue to strive to be the employer of choice for our veteran population.
To us, diversity & inclusion is more than just a business strategy. It is part of our environment and culture.
We strive to build an environment of inclusion that allows associates to contribute, participate, and succeed.
Diverse thoughts and values are acknowledged and respected, and Compass places a high value on open dialogue and transparency. We follow a Zero Tolerance policy when it comes to discrimination and harassment to ensure we create a safe space for all of our associates.
Compass associates have opportunities to achieve their individual goals and set higher ones.
We want our associates to learn and grow, so we offer a wide range of learning opportunities at every level. Those who excel in Compass learning and development courses, as well as successfully realize their professional goals, are recognized and rewarded for their achievements.
Compass Diversity and Inclusion awards include:
- Best Practices in Diversity and Inclusion
- Engagement Award (national presentation)
- Altogether Great recognition pages
Our associates, clients, and customers continually shape our inclusive culture, which drives our shared success. In fact, of the 105,000 employee voices we surveyed in 2017, 87 percent say they have a clear understanding of our customer’s needs. Each member of Compass’ diverse family of companies conducts business with distinct personality and style, adding depth to our valued Compass culture, which fosters creativity and motivates our associates.
Disclaimer: We respect the diversity of our associates so we offer a variety of flexible reward options to meet each employee’s unique needs. Medical benefits; certified domestic partner benefits; vision, dental, and wellness benefits; tuition reimbursement; and 401(k) retirement plans.