WASHINGTON, DC, September 27, 2017 – The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of 425 large U.S. employers, today honored Compass Group USA for having one of the best workforce health and well-being programs in the nation.
Compass Group is among 48 U.S. employers that received the 2017 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® award presented at the National Business Group on Health’s Workforce Strategy 2017 Conference. Compass Group received a Silver Award for its commitment to improving associate health and productivity. This marks the 6th year, Compass Group has received a Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® award.
“Being a part of Compass Group means great rewards for associates and their families,” says Bob Kovacs, Vice President of Total Rewards, Compass Group. “We’ve listened to our associates’ needs and done extensive research to provide wellness resources that are easy to access and will help create an energized and healthy future.”
• Associates are provided up to three (3) hours paid time off to receive preventive care each year
• 100% preventive care in Compass Group’s medical, dental and vision plans
• Health Risk Assessment (HRA): This confidential questionnaire helps identify potential health risks and sets a course to improve overall well-being
• Wellness Rewards: Associates and spouses enrolled in a Compass Group medical plan can receive credit toward their medical deductions
• Lifestyle Coaching: Personalized coaching support for healthy eating, managing weight, increasing physical activity, quitting tobacco, and much more!
• Maternity Management Program gives expectant mothers support during pregnancy and after delivery, plus Compass Group rewards participation in the program
• Condition Management Programs provide support for a variety of conditions – including asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure and more.
• Livongo Diabetes Program helps associates, and their dependents, manage Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes
Brian Marcotte, President and CEO of the National Business Group on Health, commented: “We are delighted to recognize Compass Group USA for their innovative approach to employee, family and community health and well-being. Compass is among an elite group of employers who are embracing well-being as an important part of their workforce strategy and working to construct a culture that promotes productivity, engagement and happiness.”
Winners of the 2017 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards were honored in one of three categories: Platinum, for implementing a workforce well-being strategy with demonstrated results; Gold, for organizations with a strong commitment to holistic well-being and related metrics; Silver, for organizations with emerging well-being strategies, often with a focus on physical health.
About Compass Group
Based in Charlotte NC, Compass Group North America is the leading foodservice management and support services company with $16 billion in revenues in 2016. Compass Group USA was named one of America’s 500 Best Employers by Forbes, ranking as the highest contract food and support services company. With over 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC, was named the 6th largest publicly traded employer in the world by USA Today and one of 50 Companies Changing the World by Fortune. Compass Group PLC had revenues of £19.9 billion in the fiscal year ending September 30, 2016.
About the National Business Group on Health®
The National Business Group on Health is the nation’s only non-profit organization devoted exclusively to representing large employers’ perspective on national health policy issues and helping companies optimize business performance through health improvement, innovation and health care management. The Business Group’s mission is to keep its membership on the leading edge of innovation, thinking and action to address health care cost and the delivery, financing, affordability and consumer experience with the health care system. Business Group members, which include 73 Fortune 100 companies, provide health coverage for more than 50 million U.S. workers, retirees and their families. For more information, visit www.businessgrouphealth.org.